14 July, 2011

The Joy of Goody Bags

For some reason I just love putting goody bags together for my kid's birthday parties and trying to snatch up the best deals to fill them with awesomeness for a reasonable price. Then if I ever have extras, since sometimes you have to buy in tens, twelves or twenties to get a deal I sell the extra goods on Ebay as pre-made goody bags. Never have I not had a set sell for a profit.


This year I bought an array of inexpensive paper bags so they would make a beautiful rainbow when they were arrange for the guest to take home. Next Max and I lined them all up on our kitchen floor and when to town throwing paint across the group of bags. He had the time of his life and the results turned out awesome as you can see in the picture above. In fact they turned out so good that parents picking up wanted to know where we had bought them. I love it when something turns out great!

Then we filled the bags with art supplies and candy. We included an art smock, the sand pen, two pieces of sidewalk chalk, a sable paint brush, several pieces of watercolor and charcoal paper, three colors of paint, some dumb dumbs, nerds and no party is complete without a bouncy ball and stickers.

With ten smocks left over I think I'll try to turn them into Build-A-Bear aprons for Sara's party. I'll let you know how that turns out.


No comments:

Post a Comment