07 June, 2011

Baby Announcements

I have always thought that Spring is the perfect time of year for planning a baby but then maybe that is because I have two Summer birthdays. I remember so fondly nesting with the windows open, the sun shinning in and the fresh air in my lungs as I prepared for my little monkey. During the last trimester of my first pregnancy I had this great idea to paint a mural in the baby room. It was such a great idea that to this day I can remember the pain I had in my legs from climbing up and down that ladder day after day, eight months pregnant to try and finish before the big day arrived. But the results were great and my little man loved it. I just had to include this darling picture of him posing in front of Winnie the Pooh.

This also means this is the time of year that when I put my designer hat on I am most likely working on new Birth Announcements rather than weddings. I'm taking the next two weeks to brainstorm some new ideas but I am currently loving this girly girl pink start.

 
I'm also trying to come up with ideas of how to get more of my great friends, family, colleagues and fellow mothers to sign up as followers to my blog. How do you all feel about a personalized invitation give away? I'm thinking if I open up for one week (five days) whoever has either signed up during the week or already was a follower will be entered to win 30 custom invitations, announcements, holiday cards, etc. of your choice handmade by me and mailed directly to you. They could include a photo or not. Let me know what you think.

1 comment:

  1. Do it! I would love to be the winner of such a prize. I really like your ideas and you have inspired me to bring more art and design into whatever I do. I'm planning a Mexican Fiesta party for my parent's 40th wedding anniversary - too late for invitations but the party will be amazing!!

    ReplyDelete