17 May, 2011

Growing a Pineapple Plant Indoors

Sometimes First Grade homework is hard. We are currently on our second attempt to try and grow a pineapple plant from the crown of a pineapple.

On our first attempt we left the fruit on the crown and let it dry out for two days. When we potted the crown it quickly rotted. I then spent the next two days reading as much as I could on the web about how to grow an indoor pineapple plant. There are so many opinions on this topic that we finally just had to chose.


 
For try two we cut the crown off again and removed all excess fruit from the core of the pineapple. I also pulled the bottom few leaves from the stalk and then placed the core into a cup of water to try for some roots. I'll keep you posted on what we learn but in the mean time if you are looking to try for yourself I found some good tutorials on www.sunset.com under gardening.

No comments:

Post a Comment