28 May, 2011

Polarn O. Pyret SALE

If you love Hanna Anderson you have got to shop with Polarn O. Pyret. I know school for 2010/2011 isn't even out yet but I am already buying clothes for next year because the deals are just too good to pass up. Last week thanks to Design Mom I learned that Polarn O. Pyret was having a super sale. Everything I bought was long sleeves or pants but you can't beat 50% off for their fabulously made clothes. In fact I purchased some leggings for my daughter for so little that I bought an extra pair for junk clothes and now that they are here I just can't bring myself to let her wear them out for messy playtime. I have also visited Nordstrom Rack and hope to make it over to the Nordstrom Half Yearly Sale soon too. I am a big believer that if you spend more in your investment in kids clothes then they will last longer. And except for a few items over the years most of my kid's clothes usually are out grown before they are ripped or torn. In fact I just packed up two more bags of hand me downs from both my kids and I am amazed at how new the clothes still look. 

The clothes shopping scene has changed quite a bit for my house hold this year. I have a son who wants to look trendy but not overdone. He puts comfort before anything else and he hates the inevitable change that comes with one's clothes. I think if we could buy the same tennis shoes in every size and he wore them for the rest of his life he would be happy. The biggest change I have seen with him this year is that he use to be mommy's little shopping buddy and now it pains him greatly to step inside a store to shop (excluding all toy, model, Lego, etc stores). The other big difference is that my three year old daughter is finding her voice and style. I use to just buy what I liked and she was perfectly happy wearing it but not anymore. We have even had to change our morning routine to allow more time for the up to three possible outfit changes. On one hand it drives me crazy and on the other I'm so proud.

My favorite feature of Sara's Fall wardrobe so far is the color palette. Now I know she has no idea of what a color palette is and we have purchased all the clothes below from Nordstrom Rack, Nordstrom and Polarn O. Pyret so we did not buy them all together and she could not see what she was doing. But the girl has started developing her own Fall line with a common thread. Take a look at some of the cute clothes and great deals.
I anticipate the teenage years are going to consist of watching a fashion show walk down my hallway and out my front door everyday. We have yearly photos coming up soon so my mix and match hat is on. I want to be able to look back and say they were so cute and so stylin'. I missed taking last years' photo because of the super move from DC to Seattle so I can't miss one this year. I will post a picture here of my kiddos from 2009 so you can see what our photos are usually like.


As a child my mom always loaded my brother and I up with hairspray, dress clothes, ribbons and lace for family photos but I like to keep it simple. Take a look at this photograph I found on Kristin Merten Photography of my two little monkeys. They both have changed so much in two years. If you live in Northern VA you HAVE to get in touch with Kristin. She is an amazing photographer and a dear friend. What I love about her photography is the eyes. Her photos make the eyes of a child sparkle so bright.



No comments:

Post a Comment