17 May, 2011

A Visit from the Tooth Fairy

Last night was an exciting evening at our house. My son pulled out tooth number three all on his own. Yeah! You can see it in the picture above on the lower left. This also meant another visit from the Tooth Fairy who brings gold $1 coins. 

As a child I remember sharing with my brother the Tooth Fairy pillow case my mother hand made. Embroidered on the case was a picture of Mickey Mouse with the saying "When you wish upon a star" and to the edge of the case was a teeny tiny pocket that our tooth would go in for the Tooth Fairy to retrieve.

I have to admit that once I had children of my own I did not think about the Tooth Fairy and I am so thankful to my father-in-law who gifted Max the First Mate tooth treasure doll that you see up above by North American Bear Company. I can't wait to buy my daughter one of her own when the time comes and every other friend's child that I know.

We absolutely love these little tooth dolls (about 7.5") at our house and their are plenty of others to chose from too. Some of the family includes, the Super Hero, Fairy, Fairy Princess, Pirate Captain, Piratess Grace, Cowboy Wrangler and Babe Tooth. You can find them all from North American Bear Company online at www.nabearstore.com or if you live local in Seattle at SnapDoodle Toys and in the DC area I would suggest trying DoodleHopper 4 Kids as they carry the same style of toys. 

What do you use at your house with your kids? I love family traditions and starting new ones too so if you have a great Tooth Fairy tradition please share.

No comments:

Post a Comment