23 May, 2011

Let Them Eat ART Cake

Over the weekend the planning began. We are a month out from a super seven birthday party at our house. My son has chosen an ART party and the invitations have entered the concept stage but that still leaves some other important details...like the cake. I have been searching the web for some brainstorming ideas and I have to admit that after finding these amazing sugar cookies by Rosie at www.sweetapolita.com that I think I might have to make these cookies instead of cake. I can't wait to show my son when he gets home from school today. Rosie's cakes are amazing and you must take a look. I have become an avid follower of her blog and cannot wait to see her new website that is in the works. 

Over the past years the birthdays at our house have consisted of cakes and themes based on pirates, race cars, carnival, a garden party,  Lego, magic, dogs and Ariel. I grew up in a house where my mom always made our birthday cakes and she was amazing. Next time I am up there I will have to take a look in the old albums for some of her cakes to share with you. Thus I cannot imagine not making my kid's cakes although every year I am so tempted to just buy one.  I've included a few pictures of cakes from last year's birthdays that I made. I would post some of my older cakes but I have to say that making cakes takes a lot of practice and I just can't bring myself to share those old images with you.


No comments:

Post a Comment